We rely on our volunteers to help our projects run smoothly. If you’re interested in volunteering with us, check out our volunteer opportunities below! If you see an opportunity that interests you, follow the application instructions below the description to submit an application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Social Media Assistant
We are looking for an energetic, creative, and communication-savvy person to help us out with our social media campaign for our Accelerating Education Initiative via Twitter, Facebook, and Google +. We’re looking for someone to keep our social media feeds up-to-date with our latest and greatest on a daily basis.
The Social Media Assistant acts as one of CharityHelp International’s (CHI) frontline communicators by interacting with organization fans and followers in real time on CHI’s various web platforms. We’ll expect you to participate in minute-by-minute online conversations by answering questions, offering solutions and mediating conversations, to create content for feeds, and to spark discussion on various social networking sites. You will work directly with our Social Media Coordinator and Director.
We’re looking for a candidate with the following:
- Research – experience and comfort navigating online research tools to undersand CHI’s goals in relation to fan and follower needs.
- Creativity – ability to think creatively to problem solve.
- Writing – strong, clear, and versatile writing skills relevant to social media.
- Flexibility – ability to respond quickly and effectively to new situations and willingess to work during non-standard business hours.
This is a virtual position with weekly virtual meetings. The selected candidate will be expected to contribute 10-15 hours per week.
Grant Writing Assistant
We are looking for a candidate with strong skills in each of the following areas:
- Research – experience and comfort conducting detailed and thorough research to find relevant funding opportunities that help to meet CHI’s needs. This includes navigating online research tools as well as potentially making phone calls and meeting with funding organizations if necessary.
- Writing – strong, effective, clear, and persuasive written communication skills relevant to grant writing.
- Problem Solving – ability to understand CHI’s needs and to help find solutions to these challenges through grant and funding opportunities.
- Attention to Detail – ability to craft strong coherent messages while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Ability to Meet Deadlines – ability to meet grant and funding opportunity application deadlines.
- Computer – experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
To apply for this position, please submit an up-to-date resume, cover letter, and relevant writing sample to us as attachments via our Contact Us page. Please indicate the following as your subject line to ensure that your application reaches the right person: [First Name][Last Name] – Grant Writing Assistant Applicant. We look forward to receiving your application!